Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chapter Twelve

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight or its characters. They all belong to Stephenie Meyer.



EPOV

I’d been standing in front of this mirror for the past twenty minutes trying to get my hair under some kind of control. And I was failing, miserably. I was so nervous, I felt like I was a teenager again, getting ready to go out on a date for the first time. When Bella called yesterday afternoon, I was thrilled. Then she said she wanted to see me so we could talk and I was scared. I feared that she was ready to end our marriage. Afraid she was going to say that I wasn't worth it, that I had hurt her too much.

Now, getting ready to go over there, I was completely nervous. I had no clue what was going through her mind because we hadn't spoken in days. I’d left countless messages with her, each one unreturned. We had never gone this long without seeing each other and that truly frightened me. Finally giving up on my hair, I grabbed my keys and cell phone and walked downstairs. Peaking into the kitchen, I saw my mom was sitting at the table. "Hey mom," I said walking over to her, and gently kissing her on the cheek.

The past few days had been hell for me, but my mom had helped me out so much.

"I'm gonna head over and talk to Bella for a while." She looked at me, a wide smile plastered on her face.

"I am so glad," she reached over and hugged me tightly, "I was hoping after our chat yesterday at lunch that she would decide to talk it out with you." I looked at her completely shocked. I had no idea my mom had even talked to Bella. "You had lunch with her yesterday? What did she say? How did she look?" I asked her, trying to find out as much about my wife's life during the past few days as I could. She smiled at me and laughed."Yes, Edward, I had lunch with Bella yesterday. And, I must admit, I have seen her look better. But, I am not going to divulge what we women talked about. That just wouldn't be right," she said, smirking at me. I tried to smile back at her but hearing that Bella had clearly had it just as rough as I had the past few days brought down my mood."She'll be fine Edward. Just go over there and talk to your wife. Talk to her about what is concerning you. Tell her your feelings. Just remember, let her speak too." I hugged my mom again and stepped out the front door, ready to finally talk to my wife.

~*&*~

BPOV

Edward had been standing outside the house, on the doorsteps for the past ten minutes. I didn't know what he was doing. I had obviously heard him when he pulled up, but he had yet to come inside or knock on the door. He just kept pacing back on forth on the front porch and running his hands through his hair. When I had finally decided to just open the door and let him in, he knocked on it lightly.

I took a deep breath and pulled the door open. He stood on the porch and had his hands in his pockets nervously. I made a motion with my hands, inviting him inside, he followed quietly. He took his coat off and hung it on the stand by the door. Turning back around, he smiled gently.

"You look nice, Bella," he told me, sounding unsure or if he should've or not.

“Thank you,” I replied all of the sudden feeling shy. My face heated for a moment. I took a soft breath, willing myself to calm down. Once I gained control, I looked over at him.

"You look nice yourself," I mumbled, smiling a little, letting him know that his words were appreciated. And nice he did look. He had on a black v-neck t-shirt and his button fly jeans. He knew this outfit did me in practically every time, so I was wondering if that was his plan. And then I began to wonder if he had worn this outfit at all the meet Tanya and the smile fell from my face. He must have noticed the change in my demeanor because he was quickly by my side. He lifted his hand as if to comfort me, but decided against the action. Rejection flooded me like a tidal wave, why had he refused to touch me just now? Could he just not want to? Does he not want me anymore?

"What's the matter, Bella?" he questioned me, trying to get me to look in his eyes. I shook my head lightly, trying to force the questions out for the time being.

"Nothing, Edward. Let's eat," I told him. He accepted my answer and walked ahead of me into the dining room. I couldn't help but eye the way his body looked in the jeans he was wearing. It had been a long time, far too long since we had been together. Stop Bella. You asked him here to talk about your relationship not jump his bones.

We sat down at the dining room table where I had already placed the food out. We sat across from each other and filled our plates with food in silence. I watched as Edward ate a few bites of the spaghetti and how he’d stick his tongue out to lick a bit of sauce that remained on his lips. I really needed to start some type of conversation before I end up embarrassing myself.

"I hope you don't mind that I made spaghetti. I haven't made it since...." I stopped myself immediately. I didn't want to talk about this yet, although I knew we would have to at some time. Edward looked at me confused for a moment.

"Haven't made it since when?" he asked me, cocking his head to the side slightly. I looked him in the eyes for a moment and then looked back down at my plate. I kept glancing back up at him as he was trying to work out in his head why I had stopped.

"Bella, you brought me that plate of food that night didn't you?" He looked at me and I nodded slightly.

"Why didn't you stay?" he asked me, obviously not realizing exactly what night it was.

"You were busy with someone, Edward!" I snapped at him. He looked at me, his eyes growing wide when he finally realized what I meant by that. He swallowed hard, his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat, before speaking.

"You saw her? You saw us talking that night?" he asked me, very interested in hearing my answer. I pushed my plate in front of me, no longer hungry. I know I had asked him here to talk, but the more he talked about her, the more I did. And the more I thought about her, the more I pictured the two of them together in that coffee shop. I was desperately trying to not get angry with him, but I was teetering on the edge.

"Oh yes, Edward, I think it is fair to say that I saw you and Tanya talking that night," I told him, snapping at him again. I stood up and took my plate back into the kitchen. I heard his footsteps following behind me in the kitchen.

"Then you saw how we were together. You saw the fact that all these ridiculous rumors are just that. Fucking ridiculous rumors. There could never be anything but friendship between Tanya and me," he said smiling widely. My eyes slanted and I think I might have even growled.

"No Edward. What I saw was a man and woman together, sitting closely and touching. And the two of you had no shame in who could have seen you!" I yelled at him. He had his fists clenched at his sides and was breathing in and out deeply. I couldn't help but watch as he took each breath, as the material of his t-shirt stretched across his well defined abs. I shook my head lightly trying to get myself back on track but failed again when he started running his hands through his hair and his bicep flexed. Thank God I caught myself before I moaned out loud.

I placed the dishes on the counter and decided to walk back towards the living room, hoping that Edward would follow me. He did and I finally turned back around to face had yet to speak and looked as if he were fighting a battle inside as to whether to yell at me. He finally looked at me and his eyes were a bright vibrant green again. I fought the urge to moan again and decided to go ahead and get it all out.

"I saw the two of you another time. The night I actually confronted you about the whole thing," I quietly told him. He looked at me in shock. He obviously had no idea that anyone had seen them, yet alone me.

"I got upset when you said you wouldn't be home for dinner. I decided to take a drive and found myself sitting in front of the coffee shop beside the hospital." I looked up at him again and he was watching me cautiously. I could still see the sparkle in his eye from earlier and had to make myself finish with what I was saying.

"I sat there for a few minutes and low and behold, you and Tanya walk out of the hospital and into the coffee shop. You say that you are nothing but friends and I do believe that now. But that night, as I watched her massage your shoulders you two being just friends was the furthest thing from my mind." I looked back at him and he had let his head drop and was looking at the floor.

"That really hurt Edward. The fact that you let her touch you in such intimate ways nearly killed me that night. I missed you so much and to see you there with her when you could have been at home with me was horrible. I could almost hear you moaning like you do when I massage your body after a long day at work," I told him honestly. His head suddenly shot up and he looked me in the eyes. He didn't say anything and suddenly I was angry.

"I just want to know why. Why couldn't you open up to me?! Why would you speak to her?! Why did you lie to me about it?! I’m your wife, why couldn’t you tell me you were seeing someone? Why did you have to go to another woman like that? Do you know how it felt to see that?! Do you?!" I screamed, stepping closer to him.

EPOV

"Maybe if my wife hadn't shut me completely out, I wouldn't have had to turn to someone else!" I screamed back at her. As soon as the words were out, I immediately regretted them. She looked at me with so much fury in her eyes. She raised her hand up to slap me, but I caught her wrist in my hand. I could see her chest rising and falling as she breathed heavily. I held her hand out by the side of my face and stared into her eyes.

She closed her eyes briefly and I took the opportunity and placed her open palm on my cheek. Her hand felt warm and soft against my unshaven skin. I held my hand lightly over hers and relished in the touch. After a few moments, I removed my hand from on top of hers. Bella kept her hand on my cheek for a few moments longer. When she opened her eyes, she locked with mine. We stood there for God knows how long, just staring into each others eyes.

Suddenly, Bella launched herself into my arms and I hurried to grab her before both of us hit the floor. She wrapped her legs around my waist and passionately attacked my mouth with her own. She bit at my lower lip and I opened my mouth giving her access.

To say that I was surprised by what was now taking place would be a complete understatement. Not that I wasn't happy with it. Ever since Bella had opened the front door and I had seen her standing there in that short skirt and tight blouse, I had to discretely adjust myself in my jeans. I’d fantasized earlier about this happening but figured it was a long shot considering she had just tried to slap me.

Bella pulled away and hopped down, and began unbuttoning her blouse. When she finally freed herself from her shirt and her bra, she pulled my t-shirt off and jumped back into my arms, wrapping her legs tightly around my waist. She bent her head back, giving me access to her neck and I began licking and sucking it eagerly as one of my hands roamed to her breasts. I rolled her nipple between my thumb and forefinger as she moaned in delight.

She bent her head down and began kissing along my neck. Suddenly she bit down hard on the skin below my ear and I moaned, not from pain but from pleasure. I walked us over towards the wall and slammed her into it, attacking her chest with my mouth. I pulled a nipple into my mouth and bit down on it, probably harder than I ever had. Bella threw her head back and hit the wall behind her rather hard.

"Upstairs. Bedroom," she moaned. She didn't need to tell me twice, as I began walking us towards the steps leading upstairs. I continued biting and lapping at her neck as we walked upstairs slowly. Bella ran her hands through my hair, pulling it roughly. When we reached our bedroom door I threw it open quickly and then shut it behind us. Bella bit my neck hard again and I rammed her into the door biting her neck just as hard as she had mine.

She reached a hand between us and started unbuttoning my pants. When she had finally freed me from my pants and pushed them down, I slid my shoes off and kicked them to the side, followed by my pants and boxers. I placed her back down to the floor and removed her skirt and panties quickly. Standing back up, Bella once again jumped into my arms and kissed me hardly. I pushed her back into the door and kissed her with just as much urgency. I pulled myself away from her mouth and began kissing down her neck and along her collarbone again.

When she pulled my hair roughly once again, actually causing pain this time, I entered her fully in one thrust. The feel of her wrapped around me again, after months of no sexual contact had me wanting to pour my heart and soul out to this woman.

"God Bella, I love you so much," I told her as I thrust into her again. I heard a sob escape her mouth and pulled my face away from her neck. She had tears running down her face and was sobbing uncontrollably. I suddenly sobered up and walked us over to the bed, not pulling myself from within her heat though. I laid her down gently on the bed and brushed her hair from her face.

"Baby, I'm sorry. So sorry. Did I hurt you? I wasn't thinking," I told her, and honestly I wasn't. All I was thinking about was the being together, in this way, with my wife again.

"No, Edward. You didn't hurt me. I'm sorry." she told me. I began to pull out and she wrapped her legs tightly around my waist, holding me in place.

"No please don't stop. Please don't. I need this right now. I need to feel you," she said, tears still streaming down her face. I gently kissed her and pushed myself into her fully again. As our bodies rocked together, I put as much passion and feeling into each movement, trying to show her how much I had missed this. Being together with her in this way. Loving her. I kissed away the tears flowing down her face and kept repeating how much I loved her.

"I love you too," she said, breathlessly, "so much." I could feel her muscles tightening around me as I kept pushing into her, feeling as if I was going deeper and deeper every time. I knew I was getting close but I needed to feel her come apart in my arms. I bent my head down and whispered into her ear.

"Baby, I need you to come for me. God please, let me feel you," I moaned. Seconds later, I felt her body clamp around me as she finally let go and came with such intensity that she pulled my orgasm from me as well. I continued to pump into her slowly as we both rode out our highs together. I kissed her one final time before pulling out and lying down on my back.

She laid there and I could still see some tears falling from her eyes. I gently pulled her towards me and she laid her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and caressed her naked back as she drifted off to sleep. I placed a kiss on her head and gently whispered my love to her and then finally drifted off to sleep myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment